Coaching is very popular nowadays. Each of us can use the help of a coach, thanks to which we will surely gain a better perspective on our life and professional goals. What is coaching and what does it do?
Who is a coach and what does coaching involve?
A coach is a specialist in personal and business coaching, who will help us to achieve our short and long-term goals. Thanks to him, we can use our time in a much better way, as well as the potential that is hidden in us.
Coaching can be divided into:
- life or personal coaching – is related to our personal life,
- business coaching – a coaching process related to our company,
- career coaching – helps to manage our career and its development.
Coaching primarily deals with the development of individual potential, helps to better manage our resources, including time. The coach allows us to understand our goals much better, but also can help us to set priorities. Thanks to him, many people have realized their potential and goals.
What are coaching sessions about?
During coaching sessions you can learn:
- How to manage time?
- What are our strengths and weaknesses?
- We discover our potential in the form of abilities or competencies that we possess.
- We change our habits, which will allow us to better plan, not only our career, but also the whole life.
- We find energy for action.
- We learn how to spend our time in an active and interesting way.
All these skills are very important not only in career planning or managing a company. Also in everyday life, planning our actions is extremely important. Coaching can also help us to believe in our abilities and skills.
It should be remembered that coaching deals mainly with the present and planning for the future.
Coaching will not help us in:
- getting rid of traumas or prejudices – in problems of psychological nature a therapist will help us,
- finding solutions for a specific problem – coaching is not mentoring – a mentor who has experience in a particular industry can advise on our business, a coach will only make it easier for us to find a solution,
- finding a universal plan or training, which we have only to implement point by point; coaching works holistically, and the plan is tailored to the client and his needs,
- getting ready solutions – will give us strength and advice on how to deal with our fear or lack of confidence
How can a coach help us?
Coach will help us to find our potential, as well as our motivation. A coach will give us the opportunity to develop ourselves. Not many people realize what their goals and dreams are. Only after a coaching session can they define their priorities much better. It is very important, because thanks to them it is easier to plan activities and our time.
Coach will certainly be a motivator and support in moments of doubt. He can give us already developed motivational techniques and ideas for better management of our own potential, but also time and resources such as knowledge. A coach is also responsible for supporting us at every stage of our journey. He can very well guide our actions and help us in setting new goals. Thanks to a coach, many people both in business and in their personal lives have become much better at dealing with obstacles and their own limitations. Each stage of planning the future and achieving goals requires a different attitude, but we constantly need motivation and willingness to change.
Coach also helps to get rid of negative habits, which can be very distant from our goal and reduce positive attitude, which distances us from the planned actions. Also, identifying problems and getting our habits under control is very important when pursuing goals, so coaching is often necessary in doing things better and more accurately