Decaf and healthy aren’t typically two words you see together very often, but organic decaf coffee can help you get both of those things at once. It may be just what you need to finally kick your caffeine habit and start feeling healthy.
Rethinking Our Relationship with Coffee
It is also known as a delicious morning beverage that gives us the energy to start our day. Studies have shown that it can be acidic and cause heartburn, insomnia, anxiety, and even dehydration. So it’s no surprise that more and more people are looking for alternatives.
If you’re looking for an option to cut back on your caffeine intake or want a healthier option, then a chemical-free decaf drink might be perfect for you. It is made by steaming green beans before they are roasted. In this process, caffeine content drops from 1% to 0%.
Unlike a decaffeinated drink, it retains all of its healthy antioxidants. There are no chemicals involved in its making. So, it is safe for consumption without any side effects. The basic benefit you can get from Zero Caffeine is that it makes you feel energetic, and improves concentration and focus without causing any jitters or heartburns.
Is Coffee Bad for You?
It is packed with antioxidants and nutrients that can have positive health effects. However, the problem lies in how it is typically consumed. Sugar, cream, and syrups turn a healthy cup into an unhealthy drink. Fortunately, there are now more options for those who want to enjoy the benefits without the sugar-laden calories. Chemical-free and naturally decaffeinated are two great alternatives.
Benefits of Having Coffee
Coffee has been around for centuries and is known for its benefits. It is a great way to wake yourself up in the morning or get through an afternoon slump. But did you know that this can also help you improve your health?
Zero Caffeine Coffee not only tastes good but can help lower your risk of developing several diseases including liver disease and dementia. It can even lower your risk of heart disease. Studies have found that people who drink at least three cups per day were less likely to develop heart problems than those who don’t. Here are 10 benefits of having it:
- It has antioxidants that reduce the risk of cancer, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, and strokes.
- Chemical-free decaf can promote weight loss by reducing appetite. Studies show that drinking it regularly reduces the risk of developing dementia later in life by about 50%.
- It can enhance athletic performance by increasing endurance and helping muscles work more efficiently during exercise.
- It helps protect skin from UV rays while reducing inflammation caused by sunburns. It has about 70% less acid than regular brewed so those who have stomach ulcers will be able to drink it without pain. This has been found to inhibit viral replication in cell cultures.
- It can reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, depression, type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and more. It does not contain any stimulants so it won’t interfere with sleep patterns.
The coffee-drinking world was recently rocked by the news that a common decaffeination process used on beans may leave behind a harmful chemical. But all hope is not lost for those who crave both caffeine-free and peace of mind – there are now several brands of chemical-free decaf coffee on the market. While these may be slightly more expensive than their conventional counterparts, they offer reassurance to those who are health-conscious and want to avoid consuming any unnecessary chemicals.
Main photo: Emre/unsplash.com